Day Three – S.M.A.R.T. GOALS
To listen to the podcast go to organicgardenerpodcast.com
The acronym S.M.A.R.T stands for
For each of your goals you are going to need to create a SMART strategy. Today we are just going to start with your most important goal you want to complete in 2018.
Let’s say your SMART goal is to plant a bed of lettuce every week for the first 2 months of spring. It’s strategic because you want to eat healthy lettuce while it’s growing before it get’s too hot and bolts in the middle of summer. It’s measurable because you can schedule out plantings each Saturday morning perhaps starting in April through the end of May. It’s attainable because by April you should be able to get lettuce seeds started. And if you can’t you can always adjust your dates. It’s relevant because you like lettuce. It’s time bound because it will start in April and end in May.
This might seem like a lengthy process but if you really want to achieve your goals and not just say, I’m gonna put in a garden this year, it’s much more likely to be successful.
Two New Deep Beds
Another example of a smart goal might be you want to build 2 new deep beds by Spring growing season.
- Strategic – deep beds can add convenience, more space for planting, and organization to your garden.
- Measurable – you have decided you want 2 new beds.
- Attainable – you can create beds out of recycled materials or purchase new wood if needed.
- Relevant – deep beds help grow nutritious food.
- Time-bound – you can give yourself a specific deadline before June 20th the first of Summer.
If you need more help with your S.M.A.R.T goals let me know. You are more then welcome to email me at OrganicGardenerPodcast@gmail.com and I will answer as soon as possible.
S.M.A.R.T. Market Farmer
- Strategic – Reach out to your market manager and 2 fellow farmers.
- Measurable – Yes because you did reach out or you didn’t
- Attainable – It’s attainable because you should be able to find your local market manager and fellow farmers
- Relevant – it’s important because finding out about your market is crucial to your success.
- Time-bound – you can give yourself a specific deadline like 2 months before the market opens.
Or you can post in the Organic Gardener Facebook Group or message me or Mike on Facebook.
And don’t forget if you need help getting started check out our new